Monday 2 June 2008

Weekend pics

Got the pics through from Hazell (thanks mate!), here are some of my favourites...

The Renegades (Faith and Ethan) ran Saturday and got the nicest weather of the weekend as you'll see...

The Rebels and Rockets ran Sunday (Mac and Lexie) when we got quite a bit of rain; didn't get any pics of the other teams I'm afraid.

The Rebels lining up to run, Alison with Dylan, Gemma with Bailey, Me with Mac and Trish at the back with Misty (Oz was standing out this leg)...

The Renegades in the ring lining up to run and me and Trish giving judge, Dave Long, some stick (no doubt lol)
Although not the best pic of Lexie I've ever seen I really love this pic, it shows her turning off the box at the exact same time as the dog she's running against (in the lane nearest the camera), because they're turning opposite ways they've turned to face each other which I think gives a real sense of the 'duel' about it!


Mac...





Ethan...

Eth is a bit of an 'odd bod' because his natural box turn is to his left (opposite way to this pic) HOWEVER...Eth refuses to turn his back on the opposition so when he runs in the left-hand lane he turns to the right and it is a really rubbish box technique. I have scratched my head about how to stop him doing this and haven't come up with anything so if anyone else has any ideas please feel free to share! For the time being we are loading him, right-hand hole in the left lane and left-hand hole in the right lane in the hope that as he gets into the habit of turning to the right his technique this side will improve...we'll see!

Faith...

(doesn't she have a lovely box technique?! :))


2 comments:

Vicki said...

fab pics!

LOL at Ethan - They obviously cant be trusted ;)

Nat said...

I know, he's such a funny boy...if only I could work out what goes on between those fluffy pointy ears! lol