Monday 24 November 2008

Another flyball marathon...

I am really rubbish at the moment and have completely failed to take any photos for weeks! We have now been flyballing 3 weekends in a row (unheard of for a winter schedule!) and on all 3 occasions there's only been 4 of us and we've been running 2 teams in div 1 as well as 1 team in div 2 and judging/ring party duties so we've barely had time to eat and walk the dogs let alone anything else! We had actually only entered 2 teams at Newark and Deeside but as other teams dropped out with the dreaded kennel cough we ended up running our 3rd team simply to avoid everyone having to run against an empty lane. Alison and I are actually the only two to have completed this 3 week marathon as we were without Paul at Selby, Gemma at Newark and Trish at Deeside. We should have a full compliment at Doncaster in a couple of weeks and back on grass (well turf actually)...can't wait!

Deeside was a rather novel experience as it was held in an ice rink!! (without the ice of course! lol)...I really wish I'd taken some pics as it was pretty cool!! lol It was another hectic one...we were helped massively by the Notts Supadogs again, practically their entire team were boxloading, colecting balls, on the line, running a dog at some point! We also had help from the Steelers with Janet doing the line and Kenny boxloading for the Pawz, thanks guys :)

The Demonz finished 2nd in Div 1 and the Racers 4th, with individual split times on these lights it became pretty apparent that all our dogs are running well off their usual pace on the rubber matting, I guess it must just be the lack of grip affecting them. The Pawz came 5th in Div 2 with another of those really unlucky days...a ball mis-firing from the box in one leg cost us the race, Kenny managed to get a new ball in in time but of course, it was Drakes' leg...the only dog that would be bothered, he got down to the box and went 'oh look, there's already a ball on the floor here...I'll take that one....daft (or maybe actually not so daft) spaniel! On another crucial leg a ball fell out of my pocket as I released him so of course he stopped and looked at it and I had to re-send him...we lost the race :( On a positive note Dottie ran a blinder all day, she actually ran faster than most of the Demonz (both teams running 13"), seems the rubber matting suits both her and Ethan as he ran really well too.

I had a day off on Sunday, just catching up with things I needed to do. I had hoped to get Fi to agility training (not been for about 2 months!) but the weather was horrendous and I just had so much to do at home. Hopefully this is the last time I'll have to spend an hour sweeping leaves off the yard as the trees are all now looking pretty bare! I gave a few of the dogs a really good groom, those with a lot of coat that seem to be constantly dropping it! I'd like to say I got all my paperwork sorted and got the office all neat and tidy again as I had planned but...I'd be lying! lol

A few small 'well dones' over the weekend...

Joy and Wren made their agility debut at Newton Heath and managed an 8th in Grade 3 jumping and a 10th in the agility :)

Vicki had Diesel at the WofEBCC show and got a 3rd in Puppy Dog :)

2 comments:

Kerena and Jordan and The Cocker Circus said...

The cocker strikes again!!!! I think we need Drake cartoons.

Nat said...

lmao...he is definitely 'comedy dog' of our outfit!! (bless him) :)