Saturday 20 December 2008

An eventful day at home

Have had a funny sort of a day. Was up most of the night with Lori whelping, she's such a good girl and whelped very easily with no fuss to produce a beautiful litter of nine puppies. The sire is Sea. They are all HUGE!! God knows where she was hiding them all!


We were supposed to be at Darwen Canine Society Open Show with Orlaith, Spark and Ethan but I was just too tired and had too much other stuff that needed doing so after much deliberating decided not to go. This decision proved academic since, when loading all the dogs up to go to the beach, I discovered that the back window of the van was completely shattered! No idea how that happened, it was fine yesterday, can only assume it got damaged during the strong gales we had overnight. That meant we were going nowhere until the windscreen guy turned up which wasn't til late afternoon. The glass suppliers were all closed so we've got a temporary perspex replacement until they can order a new one on Monday....hmmmm.

Watched the Olympia final (managed to get Eurosport on the PC!), very exciting stuff! Nancy and Niamh ran their little socks off, she was amazing but they were unlucky to get 5f on the dogwalk down contact and finished 8th overall. Still a fantastic achievment. All the finalists were amazing, it was 'edge of your seat' stuff all the way!

This was in the middle of the Strictly Final (I hope Nancy was recording it! lol). I think this years' standard was the highest yet and while not the strongest technically thoughout, Tom and Camilla deserved the title for their final showdance peformance alone...it was A-MA-ZING!! lol

Not sure what the plan is for tomorrow, get the dogs to the beach and get on with some packing I suppose. I probably should wrap some Christmas presents too! lol

6 comments:

Vicki said...

We watched the Olympia final this evening - Nancy and Niamh were fab!

Congrats on the Lori x Sea pups.

Julie K said...

I agree, i thought Tom was brilliant! So were Nancy and Niamh at Olympia..watching it has really rekindled my interest in agility! Bud will be happy!!!! LOL
Enjoy the beach..i'm so envious!!

Lucinda said...

Hey, Do you know were i can watch the finals? Because i don't have sky. Is it available online?

Thanks,
Lucinda x

Nat said...

Hi Lucinda, sorry have only just read this and I think there's only one more final to go now.

I've been watching on the Eurosport player, costs £3.99 for 1 months subscription.

http://video.eurosport.co.uk/eurosport-player/streaming.shtml

Nat said...

The beach was lovely Julie, warm and dry but very very windy!! It was quite busy with dog walkers and kite flyers (wonder they didn't blow away!) so I ended up taking my lot out in 3 groups...I was shattered when I got home! lol Tried to take some pics but they all came out really blurred, not sure what setting I need for those sort of 'bright and blustery' conditions??

Lucinda said...

Thanks for the info... My friend has recorded the large final so im going around to her house Wednesday evening to watch it =).

Thanks,
Lucinda x