Tuesday 28 July 2009

Another rare weekend off (#2)

...ok, I guess that means they're becoming less rare?? lol Was home for the 2nd weekend in a row (now that is rare) and fortunately we got really good weather on Saturday so out came the lawnmower and the grass got cut...the dogs all had to help of course! (apart from Tammy who was determined to herd the lawnmower! lol)
So with the newly mown grass we set up to do some training in the afternoon and ended up with a full compliment of people and dogs. Squirrel decided to revert to true terrier behaviour and be a total idiot...I put her away. I have decided that she just doesn't take flyball at home very seriously! Radley was a little star and ran without wings, although she's still not demonstrating the speed I know she's capable of she was doing some lovely 4 footed turns off the box, just like daddy ;)

We did individual box work with everyone else apart from Dylan and Bailey, these two have very fast boxes despite their less than textbook techniques and I don't want to do anything that might slow them up and make them stop and think about what they're doing!
Teals' box work is coming on a treat with the angled slant board...

We're also using the slant board with Pip...plus me chasing her back off the box!! lol

I ran Lexie in behind Dylan and was really pleased with both of them, he carried his ball right out every time and she was absolutely flying, lets hope they both run as well at Eastham this weekend, fingers crossed we should have a full compliment of dogs this weekend...finally!! Really looking forward to it! :)

4 comments:

Toni-Marie Hudson said...

LOL, all of ours have been lawnmower herders so I had to smirk at the thought of Tammy. They try to bite the wheels or grab hold of the front and lift it up. Our Jess and Mist were both terrible with it and Sleet and Wren are also obsessed.

Nat said...

Lexie and Faith do it too, it's all the 'wick' little herdy bitches! lol

Sarah xx said...

Fly makes a sound just like a chimpanzee when she does it!! Very strange lol!

Toni-Marie Hudson said...

I remember when our Mist was young and my dad would be mowing the lawn, or trying to, and all I'd hear every couple of minutes was, "MIST BLOODY GIYOWER".:D
When I mow the lawn, I keep them fastened out of the way to stop them trying to savage it.