Thursday 4 March 2010

and another month has passed...

Oops, another month has gone by without an update.

Well, what of February then…our parson puppies have all left home now apart from ‘Fagin’ who should be leaving this weekend and Esther who…oops…has accidentally ended up stay ; whether she stays here long term remains to be seen; I don’t really want another puppy right now but there’s just something about her that reminds me so much of Squirrel at the same age, I’m loathed to let her go. Plus, I figure if you’re going to use the 2009 top winning parson as the stud dog then it really only makes sense to hold onto something from the litter; if the perfect home comes up where she could go on breeding terms then I will likely part with her. This is precisely what I’ve just done with Pixie, the little slate merle bitch I’ve kept from Viggo and Dazzle’s litter, she is cute as a button and just had to stay but I didn’t want to rear 2 collie pups at the same time so Aston has stayed here and Pixie has gone to live with our friends and team mates, the Morgan family, down the road which is just perfect. She is settling in very well and I’m very pleased with the way both pups are shaping up so far; even in this ‘off’ phase of puppyhood (around 16 weeks) they are both still looking very nice, beautifully proportioned and sound puppies.

We competed at Gap Farm again during the month and, in contrast to our January comp, we just had ‘one of those days’ when we just didn’t seem to be able to get it together and ended up 4th in both divisions (1 and 4) but threw in a few ok times. I was pleased with the way Faith ran, not so much Teal who still seems to be lacking form (and carrying too much weight!)…room for improvement me thinks! Next comp is Rotherham at the end of this month, running on grass under canvas, I do like this venue so am really looking forward to it.

Also coming up this month we have Crufts (next Thursday); I’ve only entered 2 dogs this year and may end up just taking Spark, Mercy is carrying a little extra weight at the moment and I noticed last week that she has also broken a tooth while away, we’ll see. I am looking forward to a nice easy day out at Crufts for a change where I might get to see a little more than just the BC benching area! Following this there is BCCGB championship breed show and open agility show on the same day; I have entered both but it is also the same day as the BFA AGM…hmmmmm…tough call. We’re also planning to go to NEBCC open show which is the day after Rotherham flyball so a busy month ahead!

More pics and news to follow…(I promise!!)

3 comments:

yettontop said...

Come to the BCCGB show!! Bryn will be featuring in the agility, and I'd like to have a vested interest in watching some breed classes....!

Unknown said...

From one of the (many I am sure) people who stumbled upon your blog and became addicted to reading it.. it is good to hear from you again! I hope that all the dogs are doing well! :)

Nat said...

Ah thanks Kat...I have a few posts to catch up on this week so keep an eye out ;o)