Friday 11 July 2008

What a Week!

I feel as though I’ve aged 10 years in the last week, just been another hectic but stressful one.

Sunday saw me at the vets with Lexie who had a grass seed lodged in her eye that had started germinating (eugh…gross!) she was a very good girl and had it removed with just a local anaesthetic in her eye but it had caused quite a large (but thankfully shallow) corneal ulcer which was a bit of a worry, we came home with some antibiotic eye drops and an appointment for a check up on Tues but there was talk of having to stitch the 3rd eyelid shut if the ulcer wasn’t healing…I kept everything crossed! (while shuddering at the thought of Sunday call out vets fees!!)

Gemma came up on Monday and we made the most of the break in the weather (torrential rain for days!) and did some agility training in the evening and got chinese and just chilled out but Monday night and Tues I was really ill with sickness and ‘dire-rear’ (ick!). There has been a nasty bug going round so I’m not going to lay the blame on the food but it may have put me off chinese for a while! Lex was back at the vets on Tues evening and thankfully the ulcer has completely healed (phew!)…I was still feeling very peeky and totally washed out on Weds so stayed off work and slept most of the day, dogs were very quiet and well behaved, they always seem to know when I’m not feeling too good.

Thursday morning I got up and felt much better, all ready to go back to work but when I drove the van off the driveway (it hadn’t moved for 2 days) it was immediately apparent there was a problem…no power steering!! Took it straight down to the garage and it was very low on fluid so they tried topping it up but it leaked straight out again, decided this would need a new ‘O’ ring which they could do that morning so I rang work and told them I would be late in and waited for the garage to come back to me. When they called back I couldn’t believe it, they had replaced the ‘O’ ring but the fluid was still gushing out, seems the pipe is fractured. I had the EXACT same problem on my old van (same model but 2 years older than this one)…the guy at the garage said he’d never seen it before my last one and had never seen it since so I must be jinxed!! Don’t I know it! I am keeping everything crossed that he can find the fracture and weld it in time for us to leave for Rotherham tomorrow for our first comp with our new team.

Here’s our new team logo btw…like it??



While I was confined to the house with no vehicle I decided to catch up on some jobs around the place, also wormed Kes’s pups and trimmed nails…here’s a couple of snaps of them now their eyes have opened…








Spent some time with the youngsters, had Orlaith in the main part of the house with me most of the day, she seems to prefer being in and is such a delight to have around, always friendly and inquisitive but quiet and undemanding. Had Viggo in this evening…he is a monster! Into everything, you can’t take your eyes off him for a minute or he’s in somewhere or eating something he shouldn’t be!! I know this face is telling you otherwise but don’t believe him!! lol



Also this week we had 5 dogs at the vets for hip and elbow x-rays for scoring, 3 of my own (Spark, Scot and Faith) and 2 others I bred (Flynn, Spark’s brother, Dylan, Faith’s brother)…always a nerve wracking time but thankfully they all looked good so that was a relief. I was especially pleased with Spark’s hips that looked even better than the preliminary x-rays taken at 10 months and should be well within single figures. Just the long wait for scores to come back now.

Looking toward the weekend I am hoping and praying that the van will be sorted in time to leave for Rotherham now. I just rely on it so much I'm totally lost without it!!

2 comments:

Vicki said...

awww....puppies *drool* trouble is they dont stay small - I dont have a puppy anymore...hes a monster! ;)

Hope you and Lexie are ok now.

Nat said...

lol, no they don't stay small for very long, this lot are already becoming proper little dogs now.

I must confess, I'm a bit impatient to get the 'baby' stage over and have them grow up!

Lex is absolutely fine now, thank god. She ran really well at the weekend and seems to be totally back to normal.