Monday 26 January 2009

A long farewell

Have had quite a lot happen over the last few days so am going to be doing a few posts to catch up!!

The passing of my Nan is one of those strange moments, where you feel obliged to be sad but actually I don't feel that sad about it. My Nan had always been a very bright and vibrant woman but in the last 10 years or so she had been very ill and lost a lot of her lucidity, that was the really sad part, we'd been losing her gradually for a long time. Although I never spent a huge amout of time with her over my life I do feel as though I owe her a lot. Certainly my love of animals and particularly dogs comes from her. I remember all the dogs she had when I was a child...shepherds, springers, the little yorkies she bred and more latterly cairns, she was never without a dog and that was the thing that pained her the most when she eventually had to go into a nursing home so I usually took one of mine when I went to visit and I swear she was more pleased to see the dog than me! lol Although I will miss her, I have been missing her for a number of years already, if that makes any sense. I have very strong memories of her and I'm so glad I had the opportunity to know her, things could have been very diffferent.

1 comment:

Vicki said...

I'm sorry to hear about your gran passing away *hugs*