Tuesday 28 April 2009

A new addition

So on Sunday we took a 520mile round trip up to Dundee to visit my friend Laura (CorrieDhu Sheepdogs) and meet her new baby girl Lucy Jessica who was born on Easter Sunday. It was another beautiful morning and I left dogs and pups out at home and had a nice drive up through the Lake District but was greeted with rain as we reached central Scotland, having not seen any rain for a week or so I actually found this really depressing!! lol (I'm sure I should be living in a more Mediterranean climate!). I spent a lovely few hours with Laura, Cameron and Lucy just chatting and catching up with stuff. What a lovely bright and happy baby, so pleased she is doing well after such an ordeal in hopsital!

We came home with Lauras' lovely little black tri sheepdog Tammy who will be living here for a while, she's a very sweet natured and happy dog and is settling in really well. I like her a lot :)

5 comments:

Toni-Marie Hudson said...

Will you be using her in your breeding programme? Nice to see a lovely worker type. I'm sure she'll contribute nicely if you do use her.

Nat said...

Yes, she is a very nice type of bitch; a nice overall size with good bone and construction and a beautiful head with a lovely dark eye too. Moreover she has a super temperament, very sweet and happy and mixing really well with all my lot despite the big culture shock for her! I really like her a lot :)

I'm hoping to mate her to Spark on her next season.

Toni-Marie Hudson said...

Will you keep a puppy from her and Spark if they throw one that takes your fancy?

I read about Tammy in Laura's website. She sounds like quite an intelligent bitch with her own strong opinions...typical of a lot of working type bitches, haha. You have to mould them early on but I know Laura didn't get Tammy until she was a bit older. If she had and trained her her own way, I reckon she'll have been one of her best dogs. Thats the good thing about bitches like Tammy.
She sounds a lot like a previous bitch I had who also happened to come from Scotland. They form strong opinions so if you can influence what those are, you've cracked it and end up with a very reliable dog.

Nat said...

Well, she was actually bred and reared in Yorkshire. I'm finding her to be very easy and biddable. She's really happy to see me when I get home and goes all 'waggy' and wrinkles her nose and 'smiles' at me...it's really cute :) and she's good when I take her out already...she keeps and eye on me and she's very responsive. Maybe she's quite opinionated on stock but she's very easy going away. She's great witht he other dogs too and my lot all seem to really like her...even Faith and Lexie! lol

Toni-Marie Hudson said...

Aw, she's a Yorkshire lass then, LOL.
My Wren is really laid back too but that other bitch I mentioned also used to smile like her as did one of her daughters. It always made me laugh.

Hows Spark getting on with the ball training btw?