Monday 6 October 2008

A round up of the week...

A rather belated round up of last week, was busy at work and the weather was total pants so not much happening in terms of dog training, the poor beasts had to be content with a 30 min run on the football field in the evenings all week but they don't seem to mind, it's just all that mud they bring home!!

Weds we had our usual team get together round here, I started training Sea and what can I say?? He's a total natural! He was running the chute and triggering the flyball box in 10 mins but he is VERY enthusiastic (as the bites on my arms will testify!!) I don't know how such a calm and placid dog can turn into such a manic beast simply on production of a tennis ball!! (actually, yes I do...Ethan is just the same!!) lol. I have high hopes for Sea, looks like he'll pick it all up very quickly and be fast too so we'll just have to wait and see.

Thurs was a very busy day as I was working all day and had to get Noah's Health Certifcate sorted for his flight out to Bermuda on Sunday, a 'slight' cock up on our first visit to the vets (wrong flea treatment to satisfy the Bermuda import regulations) we ended up making a second trip early evening but little Noah was SO impeccably behaved both times, calm and confident, relaxed and happy...a real little superstar :), fortunately they accepted the amended Export Health Cert and his import permit was waiting on the fax machine for me on Friday morning...phew!

Friday evening I packed all his stuff and got his travel crate sorted and packed up the van for our agility show the following day and our trip down to Joy & Becca's followed by Gatwick airport on Sunday. Went to bed late and just as I was getting in to bed I decided to check the plug socket to see if I had any camera batteries on charge. The plug socket is at the side of my bed behind Mac's enormous duvet so I leant over him but he was just nodding off so it must have startled him and he jumped up and smacked me right in the bridge of my nose....it wrecked!! Couldn't get to sleep after that my nose was throbbing so much so I was exhausted when the alarm went off at 6.30...not to mention still in pain...what a dappy dog!!

No comments: