Friday 20 March 2009

Ah the joys...

Well, another weekend is nearly upon us and I didn't even catch up from the last one yet! I've come down with a bug this week, I thought it was just the early onset of hayfever but it isn't so I've been feeling sorry for myself with terrible sinus pains and a raging sore throat (poor me...lol)

Last weeekend we went training with the Dolphins down on the Wirral, to do some work with the babies and run a team against Manda's Nell who has started running across to the other lane in competition but runs paw perfect in training. We thought we'd try running some different dogs and people against her and see what she did but...she ran paw perfect! lol No excuses now Nelly!!

We did some run backs and run ups to the box with Radley who proved to be a bit of a natural, I think she's going to make for quite a quick little cocker! :) Then we just ran the team dogs to stretch their legs before Stocksbridge this weekend and Alison, Amy and myself popped for some lunch on the way home, we had a nice day. It was nice to catch up with folk, haven't been competing for a while so have been missing everyone!

Here's a pic I took of Orlaith-bear too...she turns 1 at the end of this month...where on earth did that year go??!!



I snapped a few pics of Kittens pups in the house earlier in the week...
Here's my little Dora (cute or what?!)

and Bolt who heads off to Bermuda in a couple of weeks (lucky him!)

and here's a few pics of Jerry I took today...



Jerry is a really lovely pup, as well as being simply gorgeous he's a real fun chracter...lots of attitude, a real cheeky little man; he has however been subject to a string of complete and utter time wasters which I just find REALLY frustrating!! In a way it makes me glad that they never got him because he's too special to go to someone who doesn't desperately want him but honestly...what goes on in some people's heads that makes them firstly enquire about a pup and then make arrangements to view and collect to then go and make some really lame excuse??!!!! The absolute bain of a breeders' life! Well, Jerry is staying here until the perfect competitive dog sports and/or show home turns up for him...no more timewasters!

Have been doing quite a bit of agility training with Teal this week, working on stringing a few obstacles together...she's starting to work ahead and pick up the next thing I want her to do now. At home I have everything still quite close together, partly through necessity (garden 'aint that big!) and also to make it easy for her to get it right. At training on Weds we're having to work with a more advanced group so I'm having to ask for more. We've had some long straights of mixed up obstacles but with good distances between them so I've been back-chaining small sequences to help her understand and it seems to be working, she does try very hard to get it right so is relatively easy to train. So this Weds she managed a long straight of flat tunnel - long jump - jump into a curved pipe tunnel round to the dog walk. It's situations like this that I need her to work on ahead because she is fast and was easily beating me down that straight run to the tunnel! lol By the end of the session she was targetting the tunnel herself and didn't need me to go there with her which meant I could move across to pick her up on the other side and position her onto the dogwalk. Good girl :) Teal absolutely LOVES the dog walk, I think it's her favourite obstacle! We also did a bit on the seesaw but that's definitely going to need some work teaching her that she has to wait for it to hit the ground before she runs off it so it's all on lead at the moment still.

Faiths pups have turned 2 weeks old and continue to do well. Developmentally they are right on target, no signs that they were so prem. All eyes are open and they're pushing up on their feet now and starting to mouth and 'play' with each other...very cute. They're all a really good size (fat little piglets!) apart from our little sable girl who is about 2/3 the size of her siblings but she seems ok and I swear she's slowly growing into that tongue! lol

New pics on my website...Two Week Pics

but here's a few extra pics I snapped earlier...
The dark sable boy, I love his colouring...it's like rich mahogany...

The blue sable boy, the shading is really starting to come through on his coat now...

Our little girl...
sneaking an extra feed...

having her face washed...

and now her bum (how undignified lol)...


Erm...I think that's about it for now...another rather garbled posting! lol It's Viggo's birthday tomorrow (well, today actually now it's go so late!) so I'll post some pics of him later :)

2 comments:

Vicki said...

Happy Birthday Viggo!

Its amazing how time flies. It still seems like yesterday we collected D - I cant believe hes 1 in 5 days!

Hope you feel better soon. You could take things a bit easier you know ;) ;)

Hope someone suitable snaps Jerry up soon! Any news on Dazzle?

Unknown said...

Awww sable puppies I wish I hadn't looked, love the dark sable boy. My sable lad was known as wheezy as a pup, squiffy isn't far off lol, wish I had room!