Tuesday 31 March 2009

a different kind of weekend

I can't say I had a quiet weekend it's just I didn't spend it doing the stuff I normally do and the dogs were a bit neglected as a result (poor doggies)

Friday night I stayed in on my own as mum was babysitting Charlie while Nathan and Sue went to a murder mystery evening. We had been talking about this for a couple of weeks because they had to dress up in character for the evening and Sue takes this sort of thing very seriously!! Nathan was supposed to be some French aristocrat and Sue his theatrical lover all set in the 1920's...here's a pic of them in character...

Don't they look fab?! I told you Sue takes this sort of thing seriously!! lol

Meanwhile...my evening was spent putting new tags on all the dogs collars (ok, so we moved 2 months ago but I've been busy!! lol)

buy one get one free on e-bay but actually really good quality tags and split rings, pleased with them!

And taking cheek swabs from Faiths' pups to send to Australia for TNS testing...

all done and ready to pack up and post.

Oh...what an exciting life I lead!! lol

I've taken cheek swabs from lots of dogs including young pups before but what a fuss this lot made!! Had I known beforehand I might not have attempted it single handed! I'm wondering whether Alan might also be able to detect the 'drama queen' gene from these samples...I'm determining it must be a recessive gene because Reeky and Fi and the entire litter exhibit this trait! lol

Saturday Gemma was moving into her new house in Sale so came to pick up our old fridge freezer and we went to pick up her new sofa. We got the fridge/freezer in the van (just!) and took the trailer to collect the sofa doing our best Chuckle Brothers impersonation throughout (to me...to you...to me) lol and eventually managed to get it all at the new house. I got home around tea time when my mate Rach popped over and stayed for dinner, just watched tv and chatted and chilled out which was nice. Then I had LOADS of stuff to do before bed...cleaning out the puppies, utility and dog room etc so it was after midnight before I got to bed which was of course after 1am because the clocks had gone forward (ugh...I love the lighter evenings but hate losing an hour!). Alison was picking me up at 7.15am and we were heading down to Birmingham for the BFA AGM so I set my alarm for 6.30am.

Well...you guessed it...I had changed every clock in the house but NOT my mobile phone which I use as an alarm so...7.15am, Alison arrived and...everyone was still in bed! We got on the road for about 7.45am but made good time and arrived in plenty of time. I have to say, I haven't been to the AGM for a couple of years as it's fallen when I've had pups due but I have always enjoyed them and this year was no exception. It's always nice to catch up with everyone before the start of the summer season. There was a really good atmosphere, plenty of lively debate and a lot of really good proposals were carried. The hot buffet provided by the Wolf Pack was also excellent! I just took Mac with me and he had a nice walk at lunchtime (it was a beautiful day) and it was so nice not to be driving...thanks Alison! :) The rest of the dogs had a nice chilled out day at home, out enjoying the sunshine so I didn't feel too bad for them. Did of course mean that Teal missed agility training for the 3rd Sunday in a row!

Monday evening I unpacked the new electric fence posts and made wings for the flyball jumps so we can start training full runs for the baby dogs.

There was equipment scattered all over the garden after the recent high winds so I spent a while picking everything up and sorting it out. Put up a few agility jumps, channel weaves and play tunnel and did a bit of training with Teal who was DEAD keen after her agility drought recently!

She's really working on ahead nicely and picking up the weaves better. Although she seems to have forgotten what 'wait' means!! This often happens as they grow in confidence so we're going to have to do some 'wait' proofing I think. All in all though I was really pleased with her :)

Hoping to do some flyball training this evening (weather permitting!) and plan to be at agility training on Weds evening as normal.

No comments: