Friday 20 March 2009

The Birthday Boy!!

Viggo is one year old today but still very much a big goofy pup!

He has a really lovely faultless temperament, very laid back and easy going and really friendly with people and dogs alike. He's a very easy boy to have around. :)

Here's a couple of 1 year old birthday snaps...



I am really plaesed with the way he's shaping up, his head has really come on in the last few months and he has the most fantastic angulation which gives him a lovely long easy stride with drive and reach to die for. He is however still very much a rangy pup so I don't think I'll have him out in the showring much this year, if at all. He still has a lot of maturing to do.

The same can be said for his flyball training which I haven't started yet either, I just feel that he needs a few more months to really grow into himself and muscle up before I ask him to do anything that requires both speed AND co-ordination. lol

Vi does enjoy a game of fetch but has a rather vague understanding of the word 'retrieve'...rather than fetch a ball straight back to me he likes to run back and forth throwing it in the air and catching it with gay abandon instead (see below!).




At least he's enjoying himself I guess! lol

2 comments:

Kath said...

Happy Birthday Viggo :) Storm turned 1yr last Saturday and is also quite rangy. I've upped his food cos I can feel his bones a bit too easily for my liking. Monty plays catch with himself as well and when I insist he gives me the ball he'll throw it at me lol

Nat said...

Oh I didn't realise they were the same age.

Vi isn't particularly skinny, he's just very lean but I think he'll 'body up' as he matures. I don't mind a late developer...they often turn out to be better in the long run ;)

I may just start doing some run back training with him over the next few weeks, see how he gets on with that. ;)